1- day dog sled sliding tour to "Black Valley" with a picnic
Period: November – End of March
- Arrival to the dog-farm in Listvyanka Village.
- Meeting with instructors and dogs. Briefing about safety rules and rules of how to behave while riding a sledge.
- 11:30 p.m. Beginning of the tour through Krestovaya Valley.
Krestovaya Pad Valley is the biggest open part of Listvyanka Village. River of the same name "Krestovaya" is crossing the valley on its way to Baikal.
Krestovaya Valley is characterized by a great variety of landscapes: the forest, river, swampy areas, haylands and a lot of mountainous slopes… A fairytale-like nature and fresh frosty air will only add positive emotions to your trip.
At the starting point of our trip dogs pull the sledge with a maximum speed. Therefore, at first the guest is sitting in the sledge and a musher is standing behind. En route the musher and the guest can swap places.
The point of our today's destination is a mountainous pass called "Black". Stops en route for photos. Upon arrival to the Black Pass the guests make a halt for lunch and wanderings in the surrounding areas.
- Lunch will be arranged in a traditional Russian way: Russian pelemeni, sauerkraut and other pickles, tea with Siberian herbs and sweets.
- After lunch we head back to Listvyanka to the dog-farm.
- Arrival to Listvyanka village at round 16:30 p.m.
Notes: from mid February till end of March the dog-sledding tour can be arranged along the ice of Baikal. Please, discuss it with the manager beforehand.
1 Sledge (1 guest + 1 instructor)
The price includes:
- rent of a dog-sledge and equipment (warm coat and trousers)
- services of a instructor
- lunch cooked on open fire