The tour is not very complicated, but very impressive and intensive!
During the tour guests can see the most picturesque spots of the Old Russian Railway, which is famous for its tunnels and bridges built in the end of the XIXth century.
Period: February – March
Route: Listvyanka Village → Berezovyj Cape →
- 11:00 arrival to the snowmobile camp in Listvyanka
- Acquaintance with instructors, briefing about safety rules and discussion of the program.
- Instructors explain some peculiarities of riding a snowmobile along the ice-floe of Baikal
- Beginning of the ride along the ice to the opposite shore of the Lake. Not only the tunnels, but also the ice-road itself is worthy of trying.
On the way to the tunnels of the Old Railway clients will have an opportunity to bypass ice-cracks and snowdrifts, which will definitely raise up the level of adrenaline!
- Moving eastwards to Port Baikal and then along the Circum Baikal Railroad. Visit of the tunnels, bridges and supporting walls of the Old Railroad
- Stops for photos and for a short snack en route
- After lunch – trip back to Listvyanka. On the way back it’s possible to see grottos and hummocks on the ice of Baikal, which are really impressive in their size and form!
- At 17:00-18:00 p.m. arrival in Listvyanka. End of the tour.
Important to know:
- Snowmobile trips are highly intensive. It’s necessary to keep in mind that driving along the ice involves some certain risks. Clients should always follow instructors’ advice and drive only along the recommended route.
- Long stay in the cold can be convenient only in case of proper outfit. We provide warm trousers and a coat. Clients should have their own basic clothes: thermo-underwear, warm coat, socks, warm hat under the helmet, mittens and shoes, which do not skid
- Clients should be psychologically-ready to stay in the cold for 6-7 hours
Snowmobile Arctic Cat Bearcat 750 – a snowmobile of enhanced off-road passing ability, which is well-suitable for long-distance trips.
Price: 250 Euro for 1 snowmobile (1 or 2 passengers)
- rent of 1 snowmobile
- services of instructor, who follows the clients on the 2nd snowmobile
- rent of equipment
Price does not include: transfer to/from Listvyanka